Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Makenzie's Science - The Scribble Machine




On Saturday Dad and I made a contraption that I call "The scribble machine"
I found the original plans on instructables.com but we made a few modifications...




                      

First from an old computer that I had taken apart, we snapped 3 blades off a fan to make it wiggle

Next through holes in the corners, I attached markers with zip ties

For the power source, we used a car battery charger and connected the wires to the clamps....


After that we discovered that to turn it off you had to unplug it, so Dad put a button in the circuit








Here are a few tips if you make a Scribble Machine,
Don't let the negative and positive clamps touch, the fan will burn up.
So this does not happen, wrap at least one clamp in electrical tape. 
DO NOT put your finger in it while it's running!!!!!
Bad things will happen.





No comments:

Post a Comment